The FACSJazz is our smaller but faster sorting instrument. The instrument has a simpler configuration than the ARA-II, but due to new technology it works faster on sorting. The instrument can only be used together with the facility's operator.
The instrument is housed in a biosafety cabinet which allow for work with GMO2 microorganisms.
- Air-cooled 80mW solid state diode 488nm blue laser
- Air-cooled 50mW solid state diode 405nm violet laser
- Air-cooled 50mW solid state diode 640nm red laser
- Detection of 6 FL-parameters
- Detection of forward scatter light (FSC) with PMT
- Direction of side scatter light (SSC) and fluorescence signal towards PMTs
Blue laser detection (488 nm)*
- 530/30 nm FITC
- 585/30 nm PE
- 692/40 nm PerCP-Cy5.5
- 750 LP nm PE-Cy7
Red laser detection (640 nm)*
660/20 nm APC
750 LP nm APC-Cy7
Violet laser detection
- The laser is installed, but the instrument can only collect colors from 6 PMTs, thus the violet laser is not in use at present.
We do have additional bandpass filters that, on request, can be used in the instrument.
Check the reference guide including a guide to setting up the color combination or use the more comprehensive list of available fluorochromes.
* Each color is just an example, you should ensure that you are using the right colors by checking the filter setting.
Sort Collection Devices
- Two-way sorting into the following sample tube collection devices: microtubes, 1.5mL, 5mL, and 15mL
- Computerized Cell Deposition Unit (CCDU) option allows for slide and plate sorting into 6, 24, 96, and 384 plates
Sample Input Sizes
- Microtubes, 12x75 mm tubes
- Temperature control for sample cells and sorted cells to 4, 20, 37 or 42°C
Water re-circulator bath for cooling/heating of the sample tube and sort collection devices (tubes or plates).