The FACS Melody is our newest sorting instrument. The instrument has a very easy way of controlling the sort process. We can train everyone to sort for them self on this instrument.
The instrument is housed in a biosafety cabinet which allow for work with GMO2 microorganisms.
- Air-cooled 20mW 488nm blue laser
- Air-cooled 40nW 405nm violet laser
- Air-cooled 50mW 561nm yellow/green laser
- Detection of 8 FL-parameters
- Detection of forward scatter light (FSC) with photo diode
- Direction of side scatter light (SSC) and fluorescence signal towards PMTs
Blue laser detection (488 nm)*
- 527/32 nm FITC
- 700/54 nm PerCP-Cy5.5
Yellow/green laser detection (561 nm)*
- 582/15 nm PE
- 613/18 nm mCherry, PE-CF594
- 697/58 nm PE-Cy5.5
- 783/56 nm PE-Cy7
Violet laser detection (405 nm)*
- 448/45 nm BV421
- 528/45 nm BV510
* Each color is just an example, you should ensure that you are using the right colors by checking the filter setting.
Sort Collection Devices
- Two-way sorting into the following sample tube collection devices: 1.5-, 2.0-, and 5.0-ml tubes.
- One-way sorting into the following collection devices: 6-, 24-, 48-, 96-, and 384-well plates, 96-well PCR tray, and microscope slide.
Sample Input Sizes
- 12x75 mm
- Sample input, software-adjustable: 4, 22, 37 and 42 degrees C
- Sample output for sort collection: Water re-circulator bath for cooling/heating of the sample tube and sort collection devices (tubes or plates).